THE RESURRECTION OF ANCIENT ALCHEMY
Since Satan’s great fall, man too has attempted to become like God Most High. Down through the centuries rebellious men have stiffened their necks in defiance to the Creator and have devised various methods and religious pathways in vain attempts to morph themselves into immortal or divine beings—apart from the Gospel of Salvation. All of them—from the ancient alchemists to the modern-day Mormons, Masons, and Transhumanists—have failed (and will fail) miserably because the God of the Bible has chosen only one way for sinful mankind to achieve true immortality: through faith in the death, burial and resurrection of His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
In contradiction to the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ, the “Postmodern Prophecy Paradigm” (PPP)-leaders (our term) have given hearty heed to these rebellious ideologues. By giving credence to these machinations to undo the curse of sin, these PPP-teachers peddle new eschatology scenarios to unsuspecting Christians under the guise of a postmodern scientific alchemical concoction: Transhumanism (or Posthumanism).
The PPP-proponents have capitalized on the foreboding and sensational elements of the Posthuman movement by stirring up fear and dread with unbiblical teachings that say the Transhumanists will not only succeed in their God-defying schemes, but in doing so will threaten the extinction of the human race. This faulty idea is found nowhere in Scripture.
While on the one hand the PPP-collaborators have loudly and publicly denounced Transhumanism as wicked and unbiblical, on the other they’ve piggybacked their own preposterous speculations, imaginations, suppositions, and conjectures onto the Transhumanist movement to arrive at bizarre doctrines that are foreign to the Scriptures. In so doing they give unintentional validity and credibility to the Posthumanist’s ill-fated plots. They have mingled the immortal visions of the Transhumanists with their own contorted false Nephilim doctrines and apocalyptic end-time scenarios—which perilously do an end-run around the Book of Revelation (not that they could ever succeed in undoing the truths of the divine revelations in this book). These endtime teachers seem to be attempting to re-write the future (eschatology), and in the process they are abandoning, ignoring and contorting God’s Word.
This article will first examine Trans/Posthuman teachings and then analyze how they are altering evangelical beliefs and eschatology.
TRANSHUMANISM AS RELIGION
Dr. Martin Erdmann, who was a Senior Scientist at the University Hospital in Basel, Switzerland, researching the ethical implications of Nanotechnology and Transhumanism, explains this movement:
Transhumanist philosophy promotes the idea of human enhancement by technological means. In its extremes, futuristic concepts like intelligence enhancement (up to “superintelligence”) using techniques like genetic engineering, psychopharmacology, anti-aging therapies, neural interfaces, wearable/implantable computers, long-lasting internal organ replacement, mental uploading and so forth are propagated from prominent positions like the US Nanotechnology Initiative and the Oxford University philosophy department. Today, the Oxonian don Nick Bostrom, the co-founder of the World Transhumanist Association, advocates the “possibility” and even “desirability” of developing technology for the purpose of seeking immortality and improving current mortal existence by enhancing “intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities”. In order to make these revolutionary alterations, essentially mechanizing the human species, transhumanists urge the human race to seize control of its destiny, casting off the restrictive and pernicious dogmas of bygone eras, as they see it. It is “a way of thinking about the future that is based on the premise that the human species in its current form does not represent the end of our development but rather a comparatively early phase.”[bold added]
This generation has seen the burgeoning advances in technological medical treatment—designed to save human life—or to allow individuals with catastrophic injuries to see, hear, or become mobile again. Heart patients can live longer with implanted devices and remote technologies that monitor both patient and device from a medical center, electrodes can be implanted in the human brain to treat epilepsy, and even the human face can now be transplanted on gunshot victims. Scientists have created robotic limbs, synthetic knee and hip joints, and have done experimentation with human DNA (genetics) to treat disease. But none of these medical treatments will create a soulless human or even a posthuman species. Leaping from the purely medical, scientific, and technological enhancements mentioned above to the belief that mankind will no longer be human or even immortal is to move into the realm of science fiction and false religion.
Before proceeding, a key distinction must be made. Behind the term “enhancement” stands the Transhumanist assumption and aspiration, that humans are generally defective and thus it is imperative for them to be improved by technological gadgetry in order to advance in their evolutionary development, ultimately to the point of giving up their humanness altogether. Providing a person who has lost a limb to get a prosthetic arm or leg is not “enhancing” but merely allowing him to live a more normal life. This is entirely different from what is being done to healthy soldiers by altering their human constitution in such a way that they will be able to hear and see much better than they could without technological devices which have been implanted in their bodies. Thus, in order to be able to differentiate between “enhancement” and “healing” a basic question needs to be asked: Is the technological improvement done for “enhancing” a perfectly healthy human being with a purpose which goes beyond leading a normal human existence? Or is it being done to “heal” a disease or to help an amputee to walk again?
In his insightful essay, “The Emerging Galactic Religion,” Dr. Erdmann briefly sums up the intentions of those actively involved in this movement: “Transhumanism takes human enhancement further, in morphing the vision of perfect man into a human-machine complexproperly called ‘posthuman’.”[bold added]
In the quest for perfection and immortality, devised on human terms, Dr. Erdmann also pinpoints the ancient false religious resurgence cloaked in modern-day Posthumanism:
In accord with age-long mystical quests, Transhumanists would argue that human beings can loosen the chains of a mortal existence. Their religion is a new incarnation of Hermeticism. The organic constitution of the human body is viewed as something to get rid of by merging it with a machine. Katherine Haynes, a professor at the University of California in Los Angeles, states, “Humans can either go gently into that good night, joining the dinosaurs as a species that once ruled the earth but now is obsolete, or hang on for a while longer by becoming machines themselves. In either case … the age of the humans is drawing to a close.” Stripped of its pessimistic tone, Hayes’ statement expresses the identical aspiration of Chinese alchemists in their search for the “divine cinnabar,” or drinkable gold, which would produce eternal life. The “Philosopher’s Stone” was always seen as the elixir of immortal youth.[bold added]
This “human enhancement” into a “human-machine complex” is designed to transform mortal man into a supposedly immortal being. It is the scheming of man in defiance of the Lord God. For some it includes the establishment of an earthly utopia. As Dr. Erdmann documents the frenetic efforts of those who are orchestrating the Posthumanism movement, he firmly concludes that their evil plotting is hopelessly futile in light of God’s Word:
Considering all the odds, it is rather doubtful, if transhumanism will finally succeed in its stated objectives to overcome human frailty and achieve paradise on earth. As a matter of fact, viewed from a premillennial perspective, Christians know that the very opposite will happen. The Bible calls the seven year period preceding Christ’s Second Coming “the Great Tribulation”.[bold added]
In light of God’s sovereignty and human history, Dr. Erdmann offers this admonishment:
In conclusion, we have shown that the concept of human enhancement by technological means is not primarily a technological issue, but rather the newest incarnation of the ancient, deeply religious endeavor “to become like God” – infinitely wise, omnipotent, autonomous, and immortal.
In view of the failure of mysticism (in the ancient and modern variations of Hermeticism, Gnosticism, Neoplatonism, and Alchemy) to reach its goal of transcending human nature, we should carefully examine the philosophical underpinnings of the transhumanist religion. We should ask ourselves if we really agree with its understanding of human nature, before we subscribe to its technical promises and accept the fundamental paradigm shift implied by the concept of human enhancement technologies.[bold added]
In other words, Christians ought to shun the “paradigm shift implied” by “transhumanist religion” because its “goal of transcending human nature” is a flagrant rebellion against God that conflicts with His eternal plan of salvation. The pro-Posthuman alchemists will NOT succeed with their evil plans because God will not allow it. Thus neither will the PPP-proponents succeed if they follow in the footsteps of these Transhumanists, whether intentionally or not. The Christian response to these errors is not to entertain, embrace, or heed their wicked schemes—but soundly rebuke them in light of the Gospel:
Transhumanism calls for vigorous response from the church, though that response is currently lacking. The critical realization is that while transhumanism aims at posthuman perfection through technology, it misses the true nature of moral “perfection” (progressive sanctification) in its rebellion against God. The transformation Christians should be seeking is not the physical or psychological enhancement found in science, reason, or technology, but rather the transforming work found only in God’s supernatural work through His Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18). Romans 12:2 says, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” This is the ultimate kind of transformation; and the only kind that can be truly attained with God’s help in this world. The goal is the ultimate (post-judgment) attainment of perfect humanity in heaven, not the attainment of full technological perfection on earth, as a quasi divine being (Phil. 3:20-21).[bold and italic added]
“A MORPHOLOGICAL TRANSFORMATION/METAPHYSICAL SHIFT”
The main evangelical leader promoting the assumption that the Transhumanists are right in their prognostications regarding the future, and even able to pull them off, is best-selling Christian author and publisher Tom Horn. Horn assumes Transhumanists will succeed in bringing to reality their futuristic scenarios if not opposed. He takes the Transhumanists at their word, as if they tell the truth about the future (this is the same frame of mind he exhibits in dealing with the pronouncements of the esoterists). Horn opposes their objectives, but gives credence to them as if they are true, by believing they are achievable if not opposed. And thus he thinks the danger is real.
In 2010, Horn posted an “An Open Letter to Christian Leaders on Biotechnology and the Future of Man” on his website. Note the“prophecy mongering” prevalent in his introduction:
In recent years, astonishing technological developments have pushed the frontiers of humanity toward far-reaching morphological transformation that promises in the very near future to redefine what it means to be human. An international, intellectual, and fast-growing cultural movement known as transhumanism, whose vision is supported by a growing list of U.S. military advisors, bioethicists, law professors, and academics, intends the use of biotechnology, genetic engineering, nanotechnology, cybernetics, and artificial intelligence as tools that will radically redesign our minds, our memories, our physiology, our offspring, and even perhaps— as Joel Garreau, in his bestselling book Radical Evolution, claims—our very souls. The technological, cultural, and metaphysical shift now underway unapologetically forecasts a future dominated by this new species of unrecognizably superior humans, and applications under study now to make this dream a reality are being funded by thousands of government and private research facilities around the world. The issues raised by human-transforming science must be addressed by Christian leaders in a serious national conversation. To fail in this responsibility may lead to the question “what does it mean to be human” being abdicated to a frightening transhuman vision.[bold, red added]
There are dangers lurking behind Transhumanism for sure, but they are of a different kind. If Horn were to take the Bible seriously, he would know that some—perhaps even many—of the imaginary projections of the Transhumanists will never be realized, no matter how much technology advances. The threat of Transhumanism is only real to Horn because he buys into the lies of its proponents. The whole dynamic of Horn’s fear-mongering hinges on his assumption and emphatic portrayal of the truthfulness of what Transhumanists say. What if they are wrong? His whole argument would fall to pieces. There would be no push behind his assertion that the forecasts of the Transhumanists will come to pass; that it will be “a future dominated by this new species of unrecognizably superior humans.”
Take another look at what Horn is saying in the quotation above:
- astonishing technological developments have pushed the frontiers of humanity
- far-reaching morphological transformation will redefine what it means to be human.
- Transhumanism will radically redesign our minds, our memories, our physiology, our offspring—our very souls.
- a metaphysical shift now underway forecasts a future dominated by this new species of unrecognizable humans
- human-transforming science must be addressed by Christian leaders in a serious national conversation
- failing this responsibility may abdicate to a frightening transhuman vision.
If this “metaphysical shift” that Horn claims is now underway—the “paradigm shift” that the quantum mystics and New Agers also predict—then the unbiblical idea will be realized, that at some magic moment a radical change in reality will take place on planet earth that will “shift the paradigm” and usher in an upward evolution of man as well as theen masse acceptance of an entirely new belief system divorced from biblical Christianity. Look at point 3 above. Horn seems quite certain of it. He doesn’t use the word “might” but says “will.” And he certainly doesn’t hint that this idea is so far out there that it is highly unlikely to become reality. Nor does he point to the Scriptures to state unequivocally that it WON’T happen, at least not in its ultimate intent.
This end-time whopper that “forecasts a future dominated by this new species of unrecognizably superior humans” (who may not even possesshuman souls)—propagated by this influential Christian author (who is also his own publisher)—is not to be found anywhere in the Word of God. These teachings serve only to put a scare in those who listen to these false notions, turning them away from the truth. Seriously, considering the offensive subhuman tenets taught by the PPP-leaders—subhuman “offspring” (i.e., children!) of space aliens who mate with human women exist on earth today—do you want them representing Christianity in a global debate about what it means to be human?!
In 2010, Horn and his wife, Nita, authored and published a treatise on their interpretation of Transhumanism called Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Herald the Dawn of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warfare. On page 266, using futurist and New Age language, the Horns said:
The need to parse information is changing so rapidly that we expect to hit the knee of the techno-info curve sometime around the year 2012, followed by Singularity and critical mass. As a result, the authors of this book have teamed with a group of ministries and intellectuals and are currently organizing a new national conference, the World Congress on Emerging Threats and Challenges (tentative conference title), the first of which is to be held on the third week of July 2011 in Branson, Missouri.[bold added]
According to the Horns, the Transhumanist threats are so great as to produce a technological “Singularity”—something big and terrible was supposed to occur suddenly “around the year 2012”—something so massive that it would reach “critical mass” and shift the paradigm into their predicted dark and foreboding posthuman future. The New Agers have taught these same things.
These far-flung ideas birthed the Future Congress events. The first one was held in 2011 (as Horn noted); the second in Dallas in January of 2013. The “ministries and intellectuals” seemingly on board with these “emerging threats and challenges” included Tom Horn, Chuck Missler, Gary Stearman, Terry James, Jim Fletcher, Doug Woodward, L.A. Marzulli, Rob Skiba, Hal Lindsey, Doug Hamp, Bill Salus, Cris Putnam, Chris Pinto, Russ Dizdar, Peter Goodgame, et al. Many of these same speakers gathered at a Pike’s Peak Prophecy Summit in Colorado Springs and at an Orlando Prophecy Summit—alongside Rabbi Jonathan Cahn, Joseph Farah, Paul McGuire, and others.
It should be obvious that none of the predicted doomsday disastersanticipated by the Horns occurred in 2012. To obscure this end-time dating failure, Horn published Zenith 2016 last year which extends the 2012 end date by four years. Other PPP-connected leaders are joining him in this 2016 hype.
THE HUMAN ENHANCEMENT REVOLUTION (HER)
Unbeknownst to most, a technological revolution is quietly developing in which mankind either will soon experience utopian physical and spiritual transformation, or a dystopian nightmare resulting in Armageddon. This is not “preacher” talk.[bold added] (PE, pg. 1)
Horn explains this “technological revolution” in the following excerpt:
The highest government and social think tanks in the world are currently focused on the timeframe of “2012 and beyond” as an event horizon, during which the first baby-steps in what has come to be known as the “Human Enhancement Revolution” will begin (behind which I see a demonic spirit in the form of atechnocratic goddess [i.e., the acronym for “Human Enhancement Revolution” is “HER”]), quickly resulting in a technological, cultural, and metaphysical shift dominated by a new species of unrecognizably superior humans—those born of HER.[bold, red added] (PE, page. 1)
Again, Horn’s “Human Enhancement Revolution (HER)”—a “metaphysical shift” dominated by a new species of unrecognizably superior humans”—is a sensationally fabricated myth. This idea is totally absent from the Scriptures. The remainder of this lengthy first chapter inPandemonium’s Engine was a paper that Horn submitted to the American Academy of Religion in 2011, a paper filled with Horn’s dire prognosis for humanity and Nephilim False Eschatology. Other contributing authors for this book include: Gary Stearman, Noah Hutchings, Chuck Missler, Sharon Gilbert, Carl Teichrib, Doug Woodward, Douglas Hamp, and Cris Putnam. Putnam recently co-authored two best-selling books, Petrus Romanus and Exo-Vaticana, with Tom Horn.
On the heels of the first Future Congress event in 2011, Gary Stearman, who was the Prophecy in the News host at the time, interviewed Doug Woodward on the subject of Transhumanism. Both authors shared insights from their writing contributions to Horn’s book Pandemonium’s Engine. In this brief exchange, quoted below, note how they twist the Genesis record to say that “the oldest prophecy in the bible” involved Satan’s attempt to destroy the human genome. Totally absent from the discussion is Christ’s victory over sin and the devil—and the redemption of mankind through “the Seed of the woman”:
STEARMAN: “I think transhumanism goes back to Genesis 3:15 where God is having a conversation with the man, the woman, and the serpent. And He says to the serpent, ‘I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel.’ This has been called the oldest prophecy in the bible. And what’s the subject of that prophecy? Genome—a seed. It’s a battle of the human genome. The battle is to preserve the human genome which Satan, the serpent, would like to destroy.”
WOODWARD: “As you point out in the book [Pandemonium’s Engine], whenSatan, uh, or human kind began to traffick in the possibility of manipulating, ah, the, not just the creation but specifically the human genome, ah, it appears to draw special attention from God—whether we’re talking about the Flood of Noah or Sodom and Gomorrah—which I think most of our viewers might be surprised about—but as you point out, that as well was a unique opportunity in which God brought a specific judgment about as a result.”[bold added]
Genesis 3:15 is talking about the virgin-born Son of God who was “bruised on the heel” at Calvary to redeem a sinful humanity (Gal. 3:16). When the Lord Jesus Christ went to the Cross, He crushed Satan’s head, bringing an end to his authority and power over believers (1 Jn. 3:8). But both of these men are teaching a form of the “serpent seed” heresy that we have written about previously. In essence, they are saying that Satan has the power to produce literal “seed” or physical offspring. This Satanic DNA, they say, will thoroughly corrupt the human genome inviting God’s judgment (i.e., Noah’s Flood). They do not mention the sinful human heart which is the reason the Bible gives for Noah’s Flood: “God saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.”(Gen. 6:5)
The teachings of the PPP-leaders are often very sensational, but they go astray from the simplicity of the Gospel message of salvation. The old Bible commentator, Matthew Henry, eloquently explained the proper teaching of Genesis 3:15—giving Christ the praise and glory that’s due Him:
3:14,15 – God passes sentence; and he begins where the sin began, with the serpent. The devil’s instruments must share in the devil’s punishments. Under the cover of the serpent, the devil is sentenced to be degraded and accursed of God; detested and abhorred of all mankind: also to be destroyed and ruined at last by the great Redeemer, signified by the breaking of his head. War is proclaimed between the Seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent. It is the fruit of this enmity, that there is a continual warfare between grace and corruption, in the hearts of God’s people. Satan, by their corruptions, buffets them, sifts them, and seeks to devour them. Heaven and hell can never be reconciled, nor light and darkness; no more can Satan and a sanctified soul. Also, there is a continual struggle between the wicked and the godly in this world. A gracious promise is here made of Christ, as the Deliverer of fallen man from the power of Satan. Here was the drawn of the Gospel day: no sooner was the wound given, than the remedy was provided and revealed. This gracious revelation of a Saviour came unasked, and unlooked for. Without a revelation of mercy, giving some hope of forgiveness, the convinced sinner would sink into despair, and be hardened. By faith in this promise, our first parents, and the patriarchs before the flood, were justified and saved. [emphasis added]
Matthew Henry continues. Notice is given concerning Jesus Christ:
- His incarnation, or coming in the flesh. It speaks great encouragement to sinners, that their Saviour is the Seed of the woman, bone of our bone, Heb 2:11,14.
- His sufferings and death; pointed at in Satan’s bruising his heel,that is, his human nature. And Christ’s sufferings are continued in the sufferings of the saints for His name. The devil tempts them, persecutes and slays them; and so bruises the heel of Christ, who is afflicted in their afflictions. But while the heel is bruised on earth, the Head is in heaven.
- His victory over Satan thereby. Christ baffled Satan’s temptations, rescued souls out of his hands. By His death he gave a fatal blow to the devil’s kingdom, a wound to the head of this serpent that cannot be healed. As the Gospel gains ground, Satan falls. [bold added] 
A NEW PARADIGM: THE HYBRID AGE
As a result, new modes of perception between things visible and invisible are expected to challenge the Church in ways that are unprecedented. The destiny of each individual – as well as the future of the family – will depend on theknowledge of this new paradigm and our preparedness to face it head-on.[bold, red added]
Did you catch that last sentence? “The destiny of each individual—as well as the future of the family—will depend on the knowledge of this new paradigm …” This is a thorough-going dystopian and earthbound horror script that is fully at odds with the Bible. The “destiny of each individual” is contingent upon whether or not they believe the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ, not whether or not they are prepared to slay modern-day dragons in posthuman form. The believer’s destiny should be focused upon heaven, not earth—regardless of what transpires in the future. Rather than flocking to the experts of “this new paradigm” readers should instead flee to the refuge of the Lord God and to His Word.
Horn has also set up yet another website, InhumanTheMovie.com, to promote “this new paradigm” featuring a video with Missler listed as one of its experts. The video caption announces, “Inhuman: The Next and Final Phase of Man is Here.” Yet, what does Scripture teach about this? Is mankind “evolving” upward—or inviting God’s judgment due to sin and unbelief?
DNA WARFARE AND IMMORTALITY
The “Postmodern Prophecy Paradigm”-teachers predict that this “inhuman next and final phase of man” is already underway—being cooked up in medical laboratories worldwide—orchestrated by demonic entities. Those who buy into these diabolical and conspiratorial ideas would have to assume that the Lord God has been impotent, unable to contain and squelch this pervasively sinister end-time plan—and that He forgot to write about it in Scripture. Prominent PPP-leaders gathered at the third annual Chicago Summit last year to discuss these so-called evil plots in a forum called, “DNA Warfare & the Nephilim: the Search for Immortality.” Bob Ulrich, formerly of Prophecy in the News, wrote a glowing review of this conference, signaling to his readers that even the Bible prophets missed the gravity of the current hour:
The safe, comfortable world of biblical eschatology has entered uncharted waters. While we still rely on the writings of the prophets as our guidebook to the future, things are changing rapidly in our 21st century world. The ancient prophecies still capture our attention, but there are unsettling things taking place in laboratories and research centers all over the world. Shocking things you just can’t imagine.[bold added]
An online advertisement for the Chicago Summit reads like a ramped-up re-make version of the old Frankenstein horror movie, not what you’d expect from a panel of supposedly credible Bible experts:
The DNA of mankind is under attack like never before. “Made in the Image of God” may soon be a thing of the past as scientists race to improve upon God’s Creation in laboratories and universities across the world. This one-of-a-kind Prophecy Conference includes 14 soul-stirring messages on 8 DVDs from some of today’s top bible prophecy speakers – they’ve come loaded with the latest info on transhumanism, the Nephilim, Facebook, the future superman, DNA enhancement, super-soldiers, cloning, hybrids, and ultimately, Satan’s plan for a man made in his own image, not God’s! …
Enjoy 14 messages from some of the world’s brightest Christian and scientific minds,espousing the concepts and secret plans that once filled the pages of science fiction books. Prepare to be amazed at just how far scientists are pushing the DNA envelope in a quest for man’s immortality. No God? No problem! Who needs God when we can live forever? Yes, the world is in for a big shock! The Days of Noah have arrived.[bold added]
But this is hardly “soul-stirring” information. It is grievous. This PPP-leaders’ sci-fi scenario is NOT “the Days of Noah” that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24 and Luke 17—a future time when the utter depravity of mankind’s rebellion toward God will render it ripe for the judgments recorded in the Book of Revelation—just like when God flooded the ungodly world of Noah’s day.
We have discussed these sci-fi heresies at length in previous articles.Rather than point readers, listeners, and viewers back to Jesus Christ our Savior, these prophecy-mongers continue to twist Scripture, modern science, and credulity in order to spread their seductively corrupt teachings. The Chicago Summit list of “the world’s brightest Christian and scientific minds espousing the concepts and secret plans that once filled the pages of science fiction books” include a now familiar cast: L. A. Marzulli, Doug Hamp, Russ Dizdar, Rob Skiba, Doug Woodward, and Derek and Sharon Gilbert.
TRANSHUMANISM GOES TO CHURCH
We have documented these Transhumanism heresies elsewhere, but will re-cap some of the most outrageous false teachings from these prominent PPP-leaders in the following excerpts. Note also the close connection to PPP-leader Tom Horn. As you read these scary snippets below, note the utter lack of biblical support for their assertions, rampant extra-biblical speculation, and the familiar fear-evoking false idea that “superhuman” “nonhuman” and “synthetic deities” will soon arise on the scene to alter human DNA (thus reaching immortality in a “soulless” state thereby separating themselves from God forever)—as though man or Satan can create any new being apart from God (see Col. 1:16-17 above):
- Are we being blindly led over a cliff? Have we opened a sealed door, a kind of Pandora’s Box, that was never intended to be opened? Behind closed doors scientists have breached the genetic codes that separate the individuality of animal and plant species. In the area of food production, new hybrid plant species have been scientifically engineered, with their derivative products commonly appearing on our supermarket shelves. But quietly, for two decades, scientists have taken the knowledge of genetic engineering to a frightening new level, merging animal DNA with human DNA, creating the potential and unthinkable reality of superhuman, nonhuman entities. [bold added] ~ Ken Klein DVD description (WND) with Tom Horn, “Trans-Humanism: Destroying the Barriers”
[Ed. note: This synopsis sounds like a 1960s B-rated horror movie! Human scientists may tinker with animal and human DNA, but they will NEVER be able to “create” “superhuman” or “nonhuman entities.” Only God can create new life.]
- In the latter half of the show, researcher Tom Horn discussed the blistering pace of genetics and transhumanism, and how the technology could usher in a new genetic arms race. Over the last 2 years, statements by the Pentagon have described the “human enhancement revolution” as being right around the corner. He expressed concern over how biotech and robotics are transforming today’s military, comparing the development to a new era of the Nephilim—the beings written about in the Bible, who were involved in what he called the “contamination of human genetics.”Horn cited the work of the late Terence McKenna who foresaw atechnological singularity in which human brains would be altered, creating a permanent pathway for contact with other-dimensional beings. A war is coming between “a new species of unrecognizably superior humans” and the current humans, as well as havoc created by the building of synthetic deities, known as artilects, he added. [bold added] ~ Coast to Coast radio interview with Tom Horn by George Noory
[Ed. note: It’s unconscionable that a Christian author would give credence to a New Ager immersed in hallucinogenic drugs and shamanism (McKenna). The “coming war” that Horn predicts between “a new species of unrecognizably superior humans” and “current humans”—as well as the “building of synthetic deities” is pure science fiction. The Book of Revelation speaks only of a final battle on earth between Antichrist and the Lord Jesus at His coming.]
- In recent years, astonishing technological developments have pushed the frontiers of humanity toward far-reaching morphological transformation that promises in the very near future to redefine what it means to be human. What science has already done with genetically modifying plants and animals will soon apply to Homo sapiens. An international, intellectual, and fast-growing cultural movement known as transhumanism supports this vision, as does a flourishing list of U.S. military advisors, bioethicists, law professors, and academics, which intend the use of genetics, robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology and synthetic biology (Grins technologies) as tools that will radically redesign our minds, our memories, our physiology, our offspring, and even perhaps—as Joel Garreau, in his bestselling book Radical Evolution, claims—our very souls.[bold added] ~ Thomas R. Horn, “The Hybrid Age,” featured in the 2012Personal Update magazine of Koinonia House (Chuck Missler)
[Ed. note: Transhumanists of all stripes will no doubt continue their radical and sometimes unethical experimentation—as did their alchemist forebears before them—but the fact remains that no man, and no devil, will be able to breach the life boundary that God has put firmly into place.]
- Lucifer holds a special contempt for mankind, God’s unique creation. Once again he’s making another attempt to pollute the human genome and destroy everything God has declared to be “good.” Tom Horn returns to the set to talk about the shocking advances being made in the twisted field of transhumanism. Are we the last generation of humans[?] [bold added]~ YouTube promo for Tom Horn & Gary Stearman (formerly of Prophecy in the News), video on Transhumanism
[Ed. note: We may be the last generation before the Lord returns. If so we should be preaching the Gospel of Salvation to those who are lost. That should be the burden of our hearts. The Bible says that Satan destroys life through death, tempts mankind to sin, and savagely persecutes believers (1 Pet. 5:8; Lk. 4:13; Rev. 12:9; Jn. 8:44; Acts 10:38; Heb. 2:14). He does NOT possess literal “seed” with which to corrupt the human gene pool, but he comes “to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.” (John 10:10)]
- What I find interesting about all of the above passages taken from Isaiah concerning satyrs and dragons is that they are connected both to Babylon and to the “Day of the Lord” which represents the Last Days. So, could it be that we will see these creatures again? Recall again the words of Jesus in Matthew 24:37: “As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of man.” Noah lived for 950 years – 600 years prior to the Flood and 350 years after it. So, as we are now seeing, the “days of Noah” were filled with all sorts of strange and terrifying creatures. In those days, God’s “very good” creation was corrupted by man and Fallen Angel (Watchers). Today, modern science is doing the exact same thing! Manipulating, distorting and corrupting God’s “very good” Creation. Scientists started by creating genetically modified food. And now they are working on splicing genes between animals, humans and plants… The implications of this type of science are indeed terrifying: …How tempting do you think it is for the military to create Super-Soldiers? Men that can run like horses, hunt like tigers, see like eagles, hear like dogs. And why stop there? What if a man could have the radar of a bat or the sonar of a dolphin? Think I’m kidding? Think again. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has plans for an Extended Performance War Fighter that is nothing short of shocking. Like something out of a sci-fi series. Make no mistake, Transhumanism is here and it’s here to stay… read Tom Horn’s Open Letter To Christian Leaders on this issue. Also, be sure to check out his new book, Forbidden Gates, which goes into a lot more detail on all of this. This is an issue that we simply can not [sic] afford to ignore. The lines are very quickly going to become blurred. Soon, “normal humans” will be replaced by “super-humans” that will be so far advanced that they would be considered gods by comparison. Through Transhumanism, we have been and are creating animal-human hybrids, just like the Watchers and Nephilim did in the days of Noah! [bold, red added] ~ Rob Skiba, author/filmmaker
[Ed. note: This is an example of where this extreme mythical speculation is heading. Skiba’s Horn-inspired prediction that “soon, ‘normal humans’ will be replaced by ‘super-humans’ that are ”so far advanced” as to “be considered gods” is a sensational fairy tale, Hollywood science fiction, but not biblical prophecy.]
- Man now possesses the power, via transgenics and transhumanism to direct his own evolution. Tinkering with his code at the genetic level (DNA) is not only possible, but is currently being done. Strange animal hybrids are being made in the laboratory and even humans and animals are being experimented with; man is certainly open to improving himself in any way possible. From all of the testimony that we have seen, we know that transhumanism is of course not the real goal. For the very concept of it is “trans” – that is, to be transhuman – to go beyond being human. The mixing of human seed with animals is merely a stepping stone to something far more sinister that Satan has been planning for a very long time, and in fact, has already attempted several times. Daniel 2:43 predicts that such a scenario is going to happen again and we saw that it has already begun. Thus, man mingling himself with animals is detestable, but not the deal breaker. Transhumanist activity is only the stepping stone to an even grander deception. We have noted that after the rapture, the Enemy will have a counter explanation and the “aliens” will take credit for it. The Bible tells us that a man with fierce countenance will arise and he will have all the power, authority and working signs of Satan to deceive the world and to cause them to take on his mark. Could the science of transhumanism and transgenics play a role in the rise of the Antichrist and the Mark of the Beast? Could technology allow Satan to create one from his own seed as Genesis 3:15 predicts?Satan’s end game has been in the making now for many decades and will very soon be put into play. [bold added] ~ Doug Hamp, author
[Ed. note: Man has never been given the power to “direct his own evolution.” This is a New Age heresy. Man is a sinner in need of a Savior. Daniel 2:43 does not predict a future transhuman nightmare. In this verse, the prophet Daniel is interpreting the dream of the statue’s ten-toed feet. He said that in the last days, this end-time kingdom will not hold together like iron when it is mixed with clay. It will be a time when kingdoms will attempt to strengthen political power by forming alliances through intermarriage.]
- There is more to worshipping the image of the Beast, than meets the eye.The demonic creatures and strange armies that fight at Armageddon are not human. They are creatures from the Abyss and some are genetically engineered super soldiers of Cyborgs.This is just the tip of the iceberg of what is happening now. In this powerful MP3 series, Paul explains how it is possible that genetically modified human beings and Nephilim are walking among us. Paul connects the secret meaning of the all-seeing eye of Lucifer on the back of U.S. dollar and how the Egyptian pyramid may represent, a genetically enhanced elite. Nephilim may rule the masses with a microchip implant after the Rapture. The architecture in Washington D.C. was designed by the Freemasons and pointed towards America being the New Atlantis or Babylon. Prepare to hear Paul teach Bible prophecy that is integrated with new scientific technologies that most people do not even know exist.… [bold added] ~ MP3 description for “A Transhuman Replicant Future” by Paul McGuire, author [The jacket graphic for this MP3 is depicted below.]
[Ed. note: McGuire mixes occult lore, Freemasonry, and science fiction to rewrite Scripture when he states that the “strange armies that fight at Armageddon are not human.” He is claiming they are “genetically engineered super soldiers of Cyborgs.” The term “Cyborg” is certainly not in the Bible. Here is in fact what the Word of God says: “For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty… And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.” (Rev. 16:14, 16) While they will be indeed inspired by demons, the armies that gather at Armageddon are human men; the “kings of the earth.”]
|Graphic from Paul McGuire’s MP3 series: “America in Prophecy – A Transhuman Replicant Future”
All of these sensationally frightful teachings are contrary to Scripture and devoid of the true Gospel. Mankind’s greatest enemy is his own sin—not posthuman hybrid creatures or mythological monsters poised to corrupt and/or exterminate the human race. Dr. Erdmann points us back to Christ:
The response to human mortality that has been made by Christianity is to point to the source of the imperfection – ethical rebellion of human beings against their creator God. The natural decay of every complex structures in the universe is attributable to God’s curse on this ethical rebellion, and the promise of external restoration goes with the promise of internal regeneration (Romans 8:18-23). The core problem of individual human beings lies, therefore, in their autonomous dispositions. Human beings must be conformed ethically to the image of Jesus Christ, the perfectly human and divine Son of God. To achieve this goal, each person requires unconditional grace from God (Romans 8:29; Eph. 2:8-9), which involves not only forgiveness, but also the means of progressive sanctification: the comprehensive submission to God’s sovereign rule (Phil. 3:14). The goal is the ultimate (post-judgment) attainment of perfect humanity, not the attainment of full technological perfection, as a quasi-divine being (Phil. 3:20-21).[bold added]
The Postmodern Prophecy Paradigm (PPP) elite—who have concocted and promulgated a multi-faceted, metaphysical shift beyond credulity via conjecture, Scripture wresting, and pseudo-science—are luring God’s flock through perilous pastures and into the dark abyss by posing as enlightened shepherds. The only remedy is for those who’ve wandered into the PPP fold to return to the Good Shepherd and His Word which alone can light the pathway home.
Over 60 years ago A.W. Tozer exhorted the brethren to test everything with the written Word of God. We would do well to heed his wise words that apply even clearer today as we see that day approaching:
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies… 2 Pet. 2:1
Whatever it may be in our Christian experience that originates outside of Scriptures should, for that very reason, be suspect until it can be shown to be in accord with them.
If it should be found to be contrary to the Word of revealed truth no true Christian will accept it as being from God. However high the emotional content, no experience can be proved to be genuine unless we can find chapter and verse authority for it in Scriptures. “To the word and to the testimony” must always be the last and final proof.
Whatever is new or singular should also be viewed with caution until it can furnish scriptural proof of its validity. Throughout the twentieth century quite a number of unscriptural notions have gained acceptance among Christians by claiming that they were among truths that were to be revealed in the last days.
The truth is that the Bible does not teach that there will be new light and advanced spiritual experiences in the latter days; it teaches the exact opposite! Nothing in Daniel or the New Testament epistles can be tortured into advocating the idea that we of the end of the Christian era shall enjoy light that was not known at its beginning.
Beware of any man who claims to be wiser than the apostles or holier than the martyrs of the Early Church. The best way to deal with him is to rise and leave his presence![bold, red added]
I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have [it] more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd,
whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming,
and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth:
and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep”