This is the conclusion of a 9 part series on Herescope, examining the teachings of popular “end times” prophecy teachers.
ConclusionIt becomes a slippery spiritual slope when pagan myths are believed to be informants of biblical truth. Subjects like those being raised by the Horns and others ought to be approached with extreme caution because, as the Genesis record informs, human imagination is a spawning bed for idolatry (Genesis 6:5). So believers beware, lest we become followers of “cunningly devised fables” (2 Peter 1:16).
—Pastor Larry DeBruyn, “Demons, Daughters and DNA”Preface
Scripture + “Sacred Writings” = Heresy
The issues brought forth in this 9-part series are not a simple doctrinal debate over the Nephilim of Genesis 6. Rather, serious questions have been raised about the extra-biblical material that is being added into Scripture–material that is feeding speculations about the return of the Nephilim and mysterious hidden codes supposedly embedded in the Bible.
Adding to Scripture is what is at issue here. The quantum collaborators teach that the End-Time prophecies of the book of Revelation (and elsewhere) can be supplemented and enhanced by other so-called “sacred writings” such as: apocryphal, pseudepigraphical and Gnostic writings; ancient mythologies, folklore and legends; astrological and zodiacal imagery; science fiction (UFOs, alien visitations, etc.); magical and alchemical writings; psychological (Jungian), anthropological, sociological and philosophical writings; scientific and pseudo-scientific theories; the writings of various mystics; oracles and ghost stories of spiritualism; the Mayan calendar; Masonic lore; secret code formulas; inspirational literature; modern speculative writings including fairy tales, poetry and fiction; and other quasi-spiritual sources.
But adding these things to the the Bible’s plain accounts of Jesus’ soon return is resulting in a new ecumenism! The evangelical world has now opened itself up to other world religions (past and present) and their occult teachings! And like the proverbial “can of worms,” this new ecumenism is unleashing all sorts of mystical imaginations and unrestrained surmisings, spiritual conjectures, and quantum science hypotheses. Some of these speculations are downright wild, even bizarre—sounding more like science fiction than the simple and humble Gospel of Salvation.
What did the church used to teach about those things that are a mystery—things that the Bible doesn’t clearly tell us about the vast unknown cosmos? Curious speculations about matters beyond Scripture used to be considered off limits for man to dwell upon. Matthew Poole in his 1600s Commentary on the Bible, informs us on the Bible’s frank statement about the completion of God’s creation in Genesis 2:1: “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.”
All the creatures in heaven and earth are called their hosts, for their multitude, variety, order, power, and subjection to the Lord of hosts. Particularly, the host of heaven in Scripture (which is its own best interpreter) signifies both the stars, as Deut. 4:19; 17:3; Isa. 34:4; and the angels, as 1 Kings 22:19; 2 Chron. 18:18; Luke 2:13; who from these words appear to have been created within the compass of the first six days, which also is probable from Col. 1:16,17. But it no wonder that the Scripture saith so little concerning angels, because it was written for the use of men, not of angels; and God would hereby take us off from curious and impertinent speculations, and teach us to employ our thoughts about necessary and useful things. [bold added]
In our modern age, with its Hollywoodized process of desensitization, man has become fascinated with the paranormal. What was once off limits, is now outer limits. The border between fact (biblical Truth) and fiction (pagan stories, myths, legends, etc.) has been breached. The result is spiritual fraud (heresy). Furthermore, pan-spiritual and pseudo-scientific teachings are now being concocted into an End-Time Alchemy—a dangerous doctrinal stew.
The Discernment Research Group published this article series because we are deeply concerned that good saints have been captivated by these fanciful storytellers with their dramatic imagery. Some have told us that they can “handle” this sort of imaginative mixture. Maybe they can. But sadly, there are many new or fragile believers who could easily become lured into the occult world through exposure to these quantum teachings. This is unconscionable!
This article series was a massive project of the Discernment Research Group that took a year and a half to complete. [See Editor’s Note at the end.] In keeping with our mission, we focused primarily on the biblical truth versus the error. However, there are many other side issues that came up during our research that left us with lingering, disturbing questions about the quantum collaborators’ connections, activities and associations.
Our heartfelt desire is to urge our friends and fellow discerners, researchers and readers, to please consider the evidence presented in this extensive 9-part series and weigh it in the light of Scripture. We plead with you to consider the admonition of Jesus Christ in Matthew 24:4, when speaking of His imminent return: “Take heed that no man deceive you.”
Connection ≠ Collaboration
NOTE CAREFULLY: Much of the information contained in this article series has not been written about previously, especially not in a scholarly and thorough fashion. Most people have been completely unaware of the huge interconnected marketing empire and far-reaching network of quantum collaboration. Today’s post provides an overview of this popular and fast-growing movement. It will take time to digest this lengthy series, examine the issues, follow the documentation, and look at the facts.
CAUTION: Not every name you see listed in this exhaustive compendium in today’s post is involved in the inner workings of this network! Some have perhaps just gone along for the ride—swayed by the focus on End-Time prophecies, patriotic fervor, concern about Israel, or the persuasive, vivid and imaginative stories. It can be assumed that most people have not considered the full ramifications of their involvement in this network. But those who have been involved at any level with this End-Time Quantum Mysticism should take the opportunity to look at the facts, consider them in light of Scripture, and make a responsible decision.
STOP! before you rush to condemn someone for showing up on the exhaustive lists on this post! Do not employ the faulty and unethical technique of “guilt by association.” Please do not rush to judge! We urge you to kindly ask people to read this series, and discuss it with them, in the gentle spirit of Paul in Acts 20:31: “Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”
We plead with you folks reading this – many of whom have been unawares before – now that you know more of the story, please jump off this Quantum Mysticism bandwagon and get back to the Bible. Our ardent prayers are that you will seriously consider these admonitions and warnings.
Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods. (Joshua 24:14-16)
By Gaylene Goodroad
Books Read … Tom Horn and Cris Putnam, Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here. Because Tom and Cris used some of my published research in their upcoming book, I was privy to a proof-edition. It’s a fascinating volume that uses St. Malachy’s “final-pope prophecy” as a launching pad to critically analyze and document the role of the Vatican in world affairs and historical movements….
Read more about it from me and my friends Chuck Missler, Tom Horn, Gary Stearman, Carl Teichrib, Mike Bennett aka “Dr Future”, Sharon Gilbert, Noah Hutchings and more! Get a signed copy of Pandemonium’s Engine here….
“…’Forbidden Gates‘ is one of the most challenging, engrossing books I’ve read in some time. I happen to think the authors are on to something. Something big… Tom and Nita Horn have resolved to be on the frontlines of reporting uncomfortable news. For that, we own them a debt of gratitude. Put ‘Forbidden Gates‘ into as many hands as you possibly can. The authors are motivated by a sincere desire to help us. And they are credible.”
As the Quantum Mysticism movement grows and the Quantum Eschatology doctrine builds, will the quantum collaborators continue to market their mystical wares in a worldly, competitive way? Frankly, there is much money to be made in this emerging hybrid theology.
Here is a sampling of current evangelical Christian books (and chapter titles), all (but two) published by Tom Horn, dealing with this subject matter in one form or another. (Some were also presenters at Horn’s Future Congress conference in Branson, MO last summer.):
- The Departure – Chuck Missler, Ch. 1, “Worldwide Violence: As it was in Noah’s Day, pp. 25-42; Tom Horn (also a Future Congress presenter), Ch. 8, “End-of-Days Demons in High Places,” pp. 153-170; edited by/Introduction by Raptureready.com’s Terry James; [published by Horn].
- Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers – Tom Horn (themes woven throughout the book); Chapter 6 excerpted from David Flynn’s article, “An Occult Translation of the Roswell Event: Countdown to 2012,” pp. 73-91 [published by Horn].
- Pandemonium’s Engine: How the End of the Church Age, the Rise of Transhumanism, and the Coming of the Ubermensch (Overnam) Herald Satan’s Imminent and Final Assault on the Creation of God – Tom Horn, Ch. 1, “Pandemonium and ‘Her’ Children,” pp. 1-71; J. Michael Bennett, Ph.D, Ch. 2, “Nimrod: The First (and Future) Transhuman ‘Super Soldier,’” pp. 73-131; Prophecy in the News’ Gary Stearman, Ch. 3, “The Folly of Synthetic Life: Genetic Tampering, Ancient and Modern,” pp. 133-153; Douglas Woodward, Ch. 4, “The Ubermensch and the Antichrist,” pp. 155-185; Cris D. Putnam, Ch. 5, “Christian Transhumanism: Pandemonium’s Latest Ploy,” pp. 187-214; Douglas Hamp, Ch. 7, “Man Becoming His Own God?”, pp. 235-250; Southwest Radio Church’s Noah Hutchings, Ch. 8, “Transhumanism from Noah to Noah,” pp. 251-262; John P. McTernan, Ph.D, Ch. 9, “Genetic Armageddon,” pp. 263-296; Chuck Missler, Ch. 11, “Pandora’s Box for the 21st Century? The Sorcerer’s Apprentice,” pp. 327-344, and PID Radio’s Sharon Gilbert, Ch. 12, “Dragon’s Breath,” pp. 345-372; Chapter 10 features Canadian researcher (Forcing Change), Carl Teichrib, “To Storm Heaven, To Be Like God, To Rule the World,” pp. 297-321.; [Foreword by Prophecy Matters/WorldNetDaily’s Jim Fletcher; published by Horn].
- Time Travelers of the Bible—Gary Stearman, Ch. 2, “Reverberations in Time and Space,” pp. 41-60 [Foreword by/published by Horn].
- Apollyon Rising 2012—Tom Horn (themes woven throughout the book); Christian filmmaker, Christian J. Pinto wrote the 25-page Preface that formed the basis of his award-winning film, “The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers”; [Foreword by Radio Liberty’s Dr. Stanley Monteith; published by Horn].
- Forbidden Gates: How Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Synthetic Biology, Nanotechnology, and Human Enhancement Heard the Dawn of Techno-Dimensional Spiritual Warfare—Tom and Nita Horn (themes woven throughout the book), but especially Ch. 9, “The Spirit Behind Transhumanism,” pp. 177-197, and Ch. 10, “The Transhuman New Face of Spiritual Warfare,” pp. 201-233 [Foreword by Terry James; published by Horn].
- God’s Ghostbusters—Tom Horn, Ch. 1, “The Spirit of Nosferatu and the Children of the Damned,” pp. 17-30; PID Radio’s Derek Gilbert, Ch. 3, “The Blood is the Life,” pp. 69-82 (on pg. 75, Gilbert actually says that “vampire legends may have originated with the Nephilim”); Fred DeRuvo, Ch. 5, “A Walk in the Dark,” pp. 105-124 (on pg. 109, DeRuvo suggests that the Nephilim are “reptilian shape-shifters”); Tom Horn, Ch. 6, “Do Alien-Human Hybrids Walk Among Us?”, pp. 125-150; and Douglas Woodward, Ch. 12, “Shamans, PSI Spies, and Military Mediums (Part 2): How America’s Intelligence Services Activated ‘Little Green Men’ on Mars and the Orion Mystery of the Great Pyramids,” pp. 263-283 [Introduction by Chuck Missler; published by Horn].
- Alien Encounters—Chuck Missler & Mark Eastman; (subject, mixed with New Age physics, woven throughout the book); [published by Missler (Koinonia House)].
- Cosmic Codes—Chuck Missler; (on pg. 283, suggests that the Nephilim from Genesis 6 were “six-fingered,” then directs readers to Alien Encounters); [published by Missler(Koinonia House)].
There are also conferences that give Horn and his associates additional visibility. In September of 2011, for example, Tom Horn was a presenter at the Steeling the Mind Bible Conference in Denver, CO, alongside such popular evangelical speakers as, Mike Gendron, Ed Hindson, John Loeffler, Dr. Stanley Monteith, and Tom Cloud. Horn’s topic: “Artificial Intelligence and the Return of the Nephilim.” Also in the fall of 2011, Horn was a presenter at the Southwest Radio Church Conference in Bristol, VA hosted by Noah Hutchings. His presentation was called, “’The Lost Symbol’—Mayan and Biblical Prophecy 1776-2012,” based on his book, Apollyon Rising 2012.
One of the chief evangelical purveyors of both Horn’s and Missler’s Quantum Mysticism is Joseph Farah’s WND (formerly WorldNetDaily). Here is a sampling of recent articles posted on WND promoting Tom Horn and his strange and heretical teachings:
- WHAT DOES 2012 REALLY HOLD FOR THE WORLD? Now’s your chance to catch up on the warnings, Dec. 27, 2011. “…one American author [Horn] wants everyone to know that other calendars predict the same outcome [doomsday 2012], and he claims a demonic plot bringing about the end date could be hiding in plain sight inside the U.S Capitol and your wallet right now….” [bold added]
- WAS AMERICA FOUNDED WITH SEEDS OF THE OCCULT? Exclusive: Jim Fletcher reviews chilling book, ‘Apollyon Rising 2012,’ Dec. 8, 2009. “In the end (get it?),Apollyon Rising 2012 reads like a novel, but presents as fast-approaching reality….” [bold added]
- ‘GOD’S GHOSTBUSTERS’ ARE ON THE JOB! Exclusive: Jim Fletcher asks, ‘Who you gonna call?’, Oct. 25, 2011. “There are several other terrific contributors to “God’s Ghostbusters [Tom Horn book],” so let me give you my personal guarantee: this book will be one of the most memorable you’ll ever read. It’s that good.” [bold added]
- THE NIGHTMARE WORLD OF ‘TRANS-HUMANISM’ Exclusive: Joseph Farah warns of federal research attempting to ‘better’ homo sapiens, Aug. 26, 2011. “It sounds like science fiction, but tragically it is science fact…Author and researcher Tom Horn lays it all out in “Trans-Humanism: Destroying the Barriers,” and hourlong [sic] DVD exploring the radical transformation of humanity.” [bold added]
- SECRET U.S. EXPERIMENTS TO PROMPT 2ND COMING? ‘It’s the destruction of humanity and introduction of ‘its’ and ‘things’ that will make war against God,’ Exclusive: Joe Kovacs, Aug. 21, 2011. “Secret experiments now underway in the U.S. and elsewhere are sparking fears of a potential extinction-level event hastening the 2ndComing of Jesus.” [bold added]
- TRAVELERS FROM OTHER PLANETS … OR FROM HELL? Exclusive: Jim Fletcher reviews book where science fiction meets spiritual reality, Jan. 18, 2011. (Quoted above in introduction.)
- MEET THE GOD OF DEBAUCHERY, Sex-saturated Bacchanalia boiling up from underworld, Oct. 7, 2008. “In ‘Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers,’ Thomas Horn ties moral abandonment to an ancient spirit, known in antiquity as the Greek god Dionysus (Roman Bacchus) who represented the personification of unrestrained sexuality.” [bold added]
Besides Horn’s multiple websites advertising his own Quantum Mysticism, most of his books and DVDs are also available at the WND Superstore.
Chuck Missler has been a widely respected teacher who has a tremendous outreach into the evangelical world. His more recent controversial association with Tom Horn has cast a pall on his over his ministry. Missler, like Horn, also has a longstanding ministry relationship with Joseph Farah, Founder and CEO of WND who has patriotic Dominionist leanings. Here are a few recent WND headlines illustrating both Missler’s mainstream status and his collaboration with Farah:
- CHUCK MISSLER JOINS WND CONFERENCE LINEUP – Scientist, CEO, Bible teacher to offer geostrategic briefing ( June 22, 2010). WASHINGTON – Chuck Missler, the scientist and former Fortune 500 chief executive officer turned Bible expositor, will make a presentation at WND’s “Taking America Back” conference in Miami Sept. 16-18…. ”Few people are as equipped to offer the perspectives Chuck Missler brings to the table to address the critical issues facing our country and our world,” said Farah, editor and chief executive officer of WND. “His background in the military, in the corporate world, in academia and in the Bible make him a very special contributor.” [bold added]
- FARAH JOINS PERETTI, SHOEBAT, MISSLER IN CONFERENCE – Strategic Perspectives scheduled in Idaho (Sept. 23, 2009). “ WND founder Joseph Farah joins best-selling novelist Frank Peretti and former terrorist Walid Shoebat, Koinonia Institute founder Chuck Missler and more at a Strategic Perspectives Conference in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Oct. 23-25. [bold added]
- FARAH TO SPEAK IN COEUR D’ALENE – Joins Keyes, Missler at ‘Strategic Perspectives Conference’ (Oct. 21, 2010). COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho – WND Editor and Chief Executive Officer Joseph Farah joins legendary Bible teacher Chuck Missler and former Ambassador and WND columnist Alan Keyes as speaker at Koinonia Institute’s “Strategic Perspectives Conference” this weekend here.” [bold added]
- BIBLE STUDIES LIKE YOU’VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE – Keen, Holy Spirit-guided insight in Chuck Missler’s videos, books (Jan. 22, 2012). “No one provides Bible study insight like Chuck Missler, founder of Koinonia Institute, author, expositor and former Calvary Chapel teacher.” [bold added]
- INSIDERS TO SPILL DETAILS ON AMERICA’S FUTURE – Join Farah, Corsi at coming Koinonia Institute conference (Aug. 16, 2011)… The event is the Koinonia Institute’s Strategic Perspective Conference in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Nov. 4-5. “The Koinonia Institute said that ‘extremely turbulent times’ are coming that ‘will test all of our presumptions and beliefs….” [bold added]
- NEW BIBLE TEACHING ABOUT ANGELS FROM CHUCK MISSLER – Check out all of his keen, Holy Spirit-guided insight on books, videos (April 14, 2012). “…A hidden army of protection: A reality that is normally hidden from our view. But are they real? What are the discoveries on the advance of science that may shed light on our understanding of them?” [bold added]
How influential is WND? How many people access WND’s website? Here is what the WND website reports about its readership:
It [WND] is a Top 500 website, according to Alexa.com, the search and ratings agency affiliate of Amazon.com, and the No. 1 independent news site. WND currently attracts nearly 5 million unique visitors a month and more than 40 million pageviews, according to its own internal monitoring software. [bold added]
How many of the nearly “5 million unique visitors,” or “40 million pageviews” involved viewing postings promoting Tom Horn or Chuck Missler? How many of those readers purchased a Horn or Missler product from the WND Superstore? The point in asking is this: via WND’s vast Internet reach, many have already been exposed to these men and their false teachings.
CAHN’S CODES AND CONNECTIONS
Recently both Joseph Farah and Chuck Missler have taken an interest in yet another Christian author, Jonathan Cahn, whose book, The Harbinger, has taken America by storm, debuting on two New York Best Seller lists in January. Farah produced a DVD based on Cahn’s semi-fictional book called: The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment—centering upon supposed secret prophecies hidden in the Book of Isaiah that portend America’s doom. Missler promotes this production on his website and his online bookstore.
The Harbinger continues the pattern of finding coded secret messages about the future embedded in Scripture. Because this book is of a similar genre, and because it is taking America by storm, it is important to examine whether it is affiliated with the other quantum collaborators. Its author Rabbi Jonathan Cahn has recently appeared as a guest on a wide spectrum of shows:
- It’s Supernatural television program with Sid Roth – September 19-25, 2011
- The Jim Bakker Show with Jim Bakker – December 15, 2011
- CBN’s The 700 Club with Pat Robertson – January 12, 2012
- Coast to Coast AM with George Noory – March 4, 2012
- Daystar’s Celebration television program with Marcus and Joni Lamb – March 8, 2012
- Prophecy in the News television program with Gary Stearman – April 13, 2012
- Olive Tree Ministries’ Understanding the Times radio with Jan Markell – April 21, 2012
- Rapture Ready Radio’s Afterglow with Tim Roden and Vince Tarquini – May 6, 2012
However, Rabbi Cahn also has ties to the NAR. He shared in a Passover celebration April 5-8 with NAR elite apostles C. Peter Wagner, Chuck Pierce, Dutch Sheets, et al. Here is an opening excerpt of Pierce’s Glory of Zion letter to his ministry friends:
Dear Saints on the move:
What an incredible weekend! I am so grateful for how the Lord met us during our Passover Celebration, and for the revelation, anointing and alignment that took place. Our weekend was historic, and I fully believe we have crossed over into a new place of healing, miracles and Kingdom authority. Jonathan Cahn helped open our weekend when he shared on the harbingers which are serving to awaken our nation. We are in a season when our eyes must open to the signs the Lord is providing us. [bold/underlining added, italics in original]
According to these prominent NAR Dominionists, Cahn’s “harbingers” are signs from the Lord. Note their application of his coded message. To them, this year’s Passover was an historic marker moving God’s saints into “a new place of healing, miracles and Kingdom authority.” (No mention was made concerning the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.)
Cahn’s The Harbinger is also for sale on the NAR-affiliated Elijah List, along with a glowing endorsement by Sid Roth, messianic Jewish host of the television program It’s Supernatural, where Cahn was a guest. To understand the context, note that past guests on Roth’s program have included NAR elite apostles such as Chuck Missler, Dr. Cindy Trimm, L.A. Marulli, Chuck Pierce, Rick Joyner, Patricia King and others. Cahn wrote the cover article for Roth’s ministry newsletter in September of 2011, called Mishpochah (Hebrew for “family”). His mystical questions superimposed over a photo of the Statue of Liberty on the newsletter’s front page indicate how he is applying the coded message of his book:
Is it possible that there exists an ancient mystery in which is hidden the secret of America’s future? Is it possible that this mystery lies behind everything from 9/11, to the War in Iraq, to the American housing bubble and its bursting, to the crash of Wall Street and the global economy to the Great Recession and much more, even the President of the United States?
A Harbinger: That which foreshadows a future event; an omen, a herald, a sign: THE HARBINGER, BY Jonathan Cahn. [bold added]
Many are sympathetic to Cahn’s views about America and agree with the warnings. But given the context of this article series, the use of hidden and coded messages embedded in the Bible, we must go beyond patriotic fervor and ask more serious questions. Are there coded secrets hidden in the Book of Isaiah? In the Roth article, Cahn not only approves with this method of decoding prophecy (by uncovering secret messages hidden beneath the biblical text)—then applying them to America—but moves his fictional book into the real world of prophecy with these pronouncements:
A number of years ago, as I was standing at the edge of Ground Zero in New York City, I came across the first puzzle piece of an ancient biblical mystery and a prophetic messageknown as The Harbinger that concerns the future of America. My friend Sid Roth asked if I could give you, his Mishpochah (family), some exclusive insight into the mystery of The Harbinger….
There is much more concerning the ancient mystery and what the future holds than I could possibly share here — but I do so now as a prophetic call to you as God’s people. On the biblical calendar, September is the time of the trumpet call, the days of repentance, and the calling to return. Our nation is in danger — and God is calling. Pray for America, for God’s mercy, for repentance, and revival. Arm yourself by ordering my seven CD series that reveals these ancient mysteries hidden in the pages of biblical prophecy (see ordering information on the right). Then pray that the message of The Harbinger now goes forth. [bold added]
Why didn’t Cahn send readers to the Bible? Instead they discover that it will cost them $50 to find the answers to these secret mysteries (plus the cost of the book). More marketing. Do his statements above—and his best-selling book—make Cahn a prophet to America? If so, then would a true prophet of God find fellowship with false teachers and false prophets teaching a false gospel, especially the NAR leaders planning to take dominion over this nation? Sadly, a clear Gospel of salvation is not given in Cahn’s article.
In the June 2012 issue of the Berean Call, T.A. McMahon expresses concern over the unholy bedfellows with regard to Jonathan Cahn’s book:
One final thought—we all know the saying, “You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover,” and that’s a reasonable statement. But I like to check out book covers to see who’s endorsing them. That’s hardly a failsafe practice, but it can put me on “discernment alert” if it raises red flags. In the case of The Harbinger, a big red flag went up regarding the publisher. Though the cover
says “Front Line,” it’s actually an imprint title of Charisma Media/Charisma House Book Group, the publisher of Charisma magazine. For those not familiar with Charisma, there is no other publication that has supported and promoted more of the unbiblical Word/Faith teachers, the “wealth and health” preachers, the Kingdom/Dominionists, the Apostles and Prophets of the New Apostolic Reformation, the so-called spirit revivals of the Toronto Airport Vineyard, the Brownsville Revival, the Lakeland Revivals, the Latter Rain/Manifest Sons of God, and so forth. There is some irony in the fact that in chapter 9 of Isaiah, TH’s key biblical chapter, God brings down His judgment upon Israel because of “lying prophets.” Charisma has over the years featured many who fit that description. That doesn’t automatically throw TH into a bin of rotten apples, but it should at least cause one to examine its fruit very carefully.
Meanwhile, Jonathan Cahn has gone even more mainstream, associating with other professing evangelicals, a few of whom are connected with the quantum collaborators. He was a presenter at The 2012 International Prophecy Conference in Florida this March with Tim LaHaye, Grant Jeffrey, Randall Price, et al. Hosting the event was Joe van Koevering, head of the God’s News Behind the News prophecy ministry. Van Koevering has had a friendship with the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), as well as with quantum collaborator Chuck Missler. Both men have appeared on TBN’s Praise the Lord television program. In April, Missler awarded Van Koevering with an honorary Koinonia Institute gold medallion.
Missler was also a presenter at Joe van Koevering’s 2010 and 2011 International Prophecy conferences, along with Gary Kah and Grant Jeffrey. Jeffrey and Van Koevering have both appeared on Benny Hinn’s television program, This is Your Day. Hinn is an infamous false teacher/false prophet. The late Jeffrey also joined false Kansas City Prophet Bob Jones, dominonist Randy DeMain and quantum collaborator and NAR-affiliated David van Koevering (different from Joe) in an odd online business venture involving medicinal hyssop. Interestingly, David van Koevering, friend of Chuck Missler, [see Part 3] has prominently linked Joevan Koevering’s God’s New website on his own website.
This list of linkages could go on…. The point is that the same names keep coming up over and over again, and in similar contexts.
QUANTUM LEAVEN SPREADING
Given Tom Horn’s and David Flynn’s bizarre teachings with regard to America’s role in end-times prophecy, this mystical trend in interpreting Bible prophecy is ominous and alarming (See Part 6 & Part 7 of this article series). What does the Bible say about these things? What about mixing truth with error? Mingling with those espousing another gospel? Is the plain text of Scripture not sufficient for our day?
It should be clear by this point that the Quantum Mysticism addressed in this article series is not confined to the fringes of evangelicalism. There are many notable, respectable, and influential names on the incomplete list above. Some of these Christian authors, speakers, and filmmakers may not be fully aware of the quantum mysticism attached to Horn, Missler, and their close associates. Sadly, their credibility could also be a casualty of these associations. Because of the enormous readership, viewership, and listenership of these combined ministries, as well as their affiliates, how many sheep will become ensnared in Quantum Mysticism? Where is the Lord Jesus Christ in all of this? Where is His Gospel? Where is the Word of God?
Meanwhile, Horn’s newest and latest book promotions and accompanying DVD packages and special offers continue to flood online bookstores, conference book tables—and his multiple websites.
It is pertinent to our discussion on Quantum Mysticism to include brief information about Tom Horn’s current 528-page book, Petrus Romanus: the Final Pope is Here (co-authored by Cris Putnam), which reveals “secrets” from Roman Catholic sources regarding “hidden knowledge” concerning the end times. Here is some of what the book’s website says about the book’s contents. Note that besides the “cryptic” language, the year 2012 continues to be a recurring theme:
- ONE SECRET SO SERIOUS we can’t even hint at it until the book is released
- REVEALED! THE SECRET FRENCH CODEX written by a Jesuit Mathematician over 60 year ago that determined his arrival in the year 2012
- FOUND! THE ANCIENT MYSTERIOUS LOST BOOK that John Hogue (The Last Pope) said was gone forever…
- FROM MANNING TO MALACHI—Catholic seers who warned of his coming…and died under mysterious circumstances.
- THE CRYPTIC 2012 POEM: When the Pope walks over dead bodies of priests…
- THE FOURTH SECRET OF FATIMA and the other suppressed Marian texts.
- UNCANNY MYSTICS and the Keepers of Hidden Knowledge…
- 2012 STRANGE ATTRACTORS – Maya, Aztec, Zohar, Hindu, Catholic, Masonic, Rosicrucian, American Indian and many more.
- THE SECRET IN THE US CAPITAL AND AT THE VATICAN tied to Mesoamerican 2012 and the coming of the Dragon…[all bold, capitalization, punctuation in original]
And so the apostasy, like leaven, is continuing to rise. The partial listing of books cited in this article does not take into account newsletters, magazines, DVDs, conference presentations, online videos, radio broadcasts, etc. that have propelled and promoted these multiple End-Time heresies.
In the February 2012 issue of the Koinonia Institute’s Personal Update (a Missler publication), a 6-fingered handprint (alluding to Nephilim) appears on the cover in front of a digitized background with the title, “The Hybrid Age,” by Dr. Thomas R. Horn. Horn’s featured article, concludes on page 15 with this statement:
The “Converging Technologies for Improving Human Performance” document mentioned above was published nearly a decade ago and predicted the time frame around 2012 as the date after which a new form of humanity would begin emerging as a result of GRINS alteration. Numerous other national and public reports have likewise focused on 2012 as an event horizon. Is there a spirit behind this effort to create a new form of man, a modern Nephilim following 2012? Is influence that caused so many ancient occult societies—the Maya, Aztec, Hindu, Cherokee, the Cumaean Sibyl (not to mention prophecies in the Zohar and elsewhere)—to predict the end of their calendars during 2012 followed by theemergence of a new form of man? If so, are we witnessing the fulfillment of Matthew 24:37—“But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be”? [bold added]
Horn borrows the definition of “GRINS” (“genetics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and nanotechnology,” an acronym which, itself, has been enhanced in the last year) in the PU article (See Forbidden Gates):
Large-scale genetic and neurological engineering of ourselves… [a] new chapter in evolution [as] the result of accelerating developments in the fields of genomies, stem-cell research, genetic enhancement, germ-line engineering, neuro-pharmacology, artificial, artificial intelligence, robotics, pattern recognition technologies, and nanotechnology… at the intersection of science and religion [which has begun to question] what it means to be human.1 [bold added]
There is one other disturbing side note. Besides the obvious and now familiar theme here, Horn is referred to as “Dr. Thomas R. Horn” on the article page, and “Dr. Tom Horn” on the cover. But according to his brief bio on page 66 of Pandemonium’s Engine, Horn received “an honorary doctorate of divinity degree” in 2007 from college professor and author, Dr. ID.E. Thomas (The Omega Conspiracy). Have Horn’s credentials also been “enhanced” to further legitimize this subject to readers? Similarly, Chuck Missler, his business partner William Welty (the global telecommunications venture SWANset), and other notable evangelicals( like Grant Jeffrey) have received their doctorate degrees from the unaccredited online university, Louisiana Baptist University (LBU). The reason this becomes an issue is that Koinonia Institute and LBU also have a very close partnering relationship, and many of the Quantum Mysticism teachings are furthered through this connection.
On page 16 of this same PU article is an advertisement for a DVD package with the same artwork and title, but with Chuck Missler’s name included under Horn’s. Through these two men’s many joint speaking events and various media and Internet ventures, the publicity machine churns on. Their book tables are sure to be stocked with various media and materials from like-minded quantum collaborators. But our concerns remain. How many well-intentioned people will fall prey to the teachings of these men, who pretend to offer them the Bible—only to substitute Quantum Mysticism?
Jacob Prasch of Moriel Ministries, in his landmark book Shadows of the Beast, puts all of these things in perspective as they relate, biblically, to the time of the end:
The mysticism, emotionalism, often heretical doctrine, counterfeit revivals, ecumenism, Word-Faith money preaching, and, above all, Experiential (instead of biblical) Theology of most of the charismatic movement and much of mainstream Pentecostalism was Satan’s means to lure Christians to the wider apostasy represented by the Emergent Church and its varied adjuncts, heresy, post-Modernism lies, and mysticism….
Going beyond emergence, there is yet another dimension of post-Modern spiritual seduction aimed at the Body of Christ. With an occult interpretation of theoretical elements of particle physics and a new philosophical reinterpretation of the world of physics after Einstein, we also see a philosophical post-relativism that ventures beyond post-relativity.
As the astronomy of Galileo and Copernicus went beyond Ptolemais, and as the physics of Einstein went beyond Newton, particle physics and astrophysics alike are once again on the precipice of a new horizon. Unfortunately, not only has this resulted in new emphases in philosophy and worldviews, but a new emphasis in theology that is neither scriptural nor scientific, but pseudo-scientific and mystical.
The popular term is “quantum thinking” involving fractals and other concepts transversing even beyond conventional notions of modern New Age thinking and neo-Gnosticism. These ideas are becoming increasingly incipient in the apostate church and even among the supposed Evangelicals being seduced by it. In short, it is pantheism packaged in new thought, and it has influenced such figures as Eugene Peterson and William Young. It may be described as the neo-theology of chaos theory and has more to do with Marilyn Ferguson and Aldus Huxley than Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John. More problematic, it accounts for the “God is in everything” New Age orientation and the thinking of Rick Warren. It does not derive from proven science, but from unproven theory, and is not related to particle physics or cosmology itself, but to a subjective interpretation that is largely mystical in origin….
Also… New Age is not actually “new” but ancient. The “as above, so below” proposition was central to the thinking of ancient mystics. Now it has come into the church.What we have is metaphysics masquerading as physics and ancient mysticism masquerading as newfound theology. Such things are acutely preparing the way for the Antichrist and the distorted thinking that characterizes it is animated by the spirit of antichrist. [bold, color, italics added]
In conclusion, we agree with T.A. McMahon of Berean Call who summed up the situation with grave concern:
Jesus said, “A corrupt tree [cannot] bring forth good fruit” and “by their fruits ye shall know them.” These are days of rampant and beguiling apostasy. We need, therefore, to test all things by the Scriptures so that we do not “slip” away from God’s truth (Hebrews 2:1). We also need to pray for and encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ that we all might be biblically discerning regarding the latest agenda, movement, trend, or popular book that is adversely influencing multitudes in the body of Christ. [bold added]
Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen.
~ Romans 16:25-27
EDITOR’S NOTE: The research for this 9-part article series took place over the period of a year and a half. Thousands of pages of documentation were compiled, analyzed, researched, discussed and examined. Those who assisted in various capacities in this massive project included Kim Treweek, Susan Conway, Pastor Ken Silva, Pastor Larry DeBruyn, Warren B. Smith, Patti Theisen, Dr. Martin Erdmann, Lynn Leslie, Sarah Leslie—and Gaylene Goodroad, who would go on to write the bulk of material contained in the series.
It has been erroneously suggested that Dr. Martin Erdmann is a “quantum collaborator” with Chuck Missler. This is untrue, and it is a good case in point concerning our warnings in the Preface. Here are the facts. Although a presentation of Dr. Erdmann’s was taped in Coeur d”Alene last year, he has had no professional affiliation with nor allegiance to Koinonia House or Mr. Missler. Dr. Erdmann is an internationally recognized expert on Transhumanism and has authored several books exposing heresies, and his views on transhumanism and quantum mysticism are diametrically opposed to those of Chuck Missler. This is also evident in Dr. Erdmann’s abundant writings, lectures, and presentations available for the public to examine (including his public statement on “Doomsday Datesetters” on Herescope, 6/10/11). Note: Dr. Erdmann’s name was falsely listed, without permission, in the KH Handbook—a serious breach of ethics and a matter which is under legal advisement. See HERE for Dr. Erdmann’s public statement.